Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nutritious Chocolate Shake (Smoothie)

So today after my workout I needed something fast, cool, and nutritonally balanced for a recovery meal.  I didn't have much time, so I decided on a smoothie, but, I didn't want my traditional fruit smoothie.  So I threw together a few ingredients that I know are good recovery foods, and all I can say is YUM! 

You can vary the items I used, but the nutritional values below are based on the ingredients listed.  When you get a 'hankering' for a chocolate shake or Wendy's Frosty, try this recipe instead. It's guaranteed to please, and won't add those empty calories that an ice cream shake will.



Nutritious Chocolate Shake (Smoothie)

1 cup Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate Milk
       (120 cal/3g fat/45% Calcium DV/1g protein/1g fiber)
1/4 cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
      (28 cal/.5g fat/7% Calcium DV/4g protein)
1 medium banana
      (105 cal/0g fat/1g protein/3g fiber)
2.5 tablespoons whey protein isolate
      (nutr. facts-Sprouts bulk-35 cal/0g fat/9g protein)
1 cup ice

Blend all ingredients except for whey protein isolate in blender until well blended and no big chunks of ice remain.  Add whey protein isolate and blend about a minute more. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment