Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Chicken Salad

A good friend asked me to post this salad recipe that I had given her a while back.  It is VERY flexible in how you make it, based on what you like in it.  Here is the base recipe.  You can give or take based on your taste.

Summer Chicken Salad

Grilled chicken breasts
(This is where your seasoning comes into the salad. Season your chicken with some seasoned salt, pepper, or whatever seasoning you would like to use for the flavoring of your salad.)
(Amount of breasts depends on how much you want to prepare.)
(You can cook your chicken another way, but I like the flavor that grilling gives the chicken.)
Red grapes cut in half, or dried cranberries
(I use about 1/4 the amount of this as I use chicken.)
Walnut pieces
(I use about 1/2 the amount of this as I use of the above fruit.)
Celery cut in small pieces
(I use about the same amount of this as I use of walnuts.)
Low fat/Non fat Plain Greek yogurt
(I use just enough of this to wet the dry ingredients.  Use as much as you need to make the salad as "wet" as you like it.)

This salad is best if it sets overnight to allow the flavors to blend, but you can eat it right away if you just can't wait!  I serve the salad on either bread of some of my favorite crackers. 

Enjoy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment